Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yep, I Let Them Eat Cake

I made a cake for dessert last night. No, I didn't take a picture of it for the blog. Maybe I should have. I don't make cakes that look all pretty and nice ( like Tracye ! ). I make cakes that looks like a child made them. I cant even frost properly. But at least they taste good!



Oh, on to the point of the story. After we all had our piece for dessert, Gavin asked me if he could have cake for breakfast. And as I turned at looked at him he had such a hopeful look on his face. Like it would be the greatest day in the whole world if I said yes.



So I did.



Ken looked up and said- Your letting him have cake for breakfast?



Yep, yep I am. Because sometimes you have to say yes. I cant always say no to everything. Saying yes to cake for breakfast made Gavin sooo happy. He started jumping up and down and his smile was so huge. Its the little things like this that I hope he remembers.

So yeah, I said yes. And I'll probably have some myself too!!

12 comments:

Donna said...

You are so right. Saying yes to little things like that sometimes, makes them so happy and it is so easy on our part!

I want some cake for breakfast, yummy!

Unknown said...

You go girl! I agree. Every once in awhile we get to be the good guy and do something to make us happy. I want some cake now too!

Kristi said...

You made a memory that will last forever.

Unknown said...

I think everyone should have cake for breakfast at least 50 times in their lifetime...my cake of choice lemon with a dollup of coolwhip....I dont frost well either LOL ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks!

I usually tell them no, but only because I eat it once she's at school and he's down for a nap!!!

I'm horrible, I know!

Ordinary Mom said...

Sounds like you made his day!! How fun!

Dina said...

I would have done the same thing. I gave Gabriel candy corn before bed tonight.

Anonymous said...

best wishes and such a great blog site. i will be back some how i found you looking for stuff on our sons birth defect esophageal atresia.

Haasiegirl said...

i think you did a great thing and i eat cake for breakfast if its around. LOL

trisha
momdot

Lisa said...

Bloggy Bling at my place for you.

Felicia said...

That's right..life is too short! You are a good mom!

Candi said...

That is too funny. I say if you wash it down with a glass of cold milk it all balances out!