Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday ~ Kitchen Pantry ~

Tackle It Tuesday Meme





I came home from the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and couldn't fit any more food into our pantry. That's when I knew it was time to clean it out and organize it again.





This first picture is the before shot. I took everything out shelf by shelf. I used almost 2 garbage bags to get rid of stuff that had expired years ago. Yes, years ago. Wow.






All of the stuff on the stove above was taken off of the 2nd shelf. After the shelves were cleaned off everything went back in.

The bottom shelf holds our breakfast stuff and snacks. Cereal, oatmeal, chips, crackers, and popcorn.

The shelf above that hold all of our pastas, side dishes, and a Tupperware container that holds pre sorted snacks that go in Gavin's lunch box.

The shelf second from the top is all of my canned goods. Soups, veggies, and sauces.

The very top shelf holds all of the stuff I have doubles for. When something is used from the other shelves I can then go to the very top shelf and replace it. The pantry has been clean for a couple of weeks now. And since I can see everything now I am not overbuying when I go to the grocery store!

Happy Tackle It Tuesday!!

12 comments:

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Wow! You did a great job - I love how you grouped things together.

Frugal Finds said...

Pantry pictures are my favorite! Great tackle!!

earthlingorgeous said...

Now that is a good tackle! Grouping stuff together will make it less messy too after wards.

A Christian Mom said...

Great tackle! I did my pantry a month or so ago & it's still looking really good. It's amazing the amount of stuff you can accumulate, isn't it?

Kristi said...

Looks great! That is my never ending tackle, how about you? Blessings to you.

Kristi said...

That was so funny. I went to comment and saw another Kristi with the same spelling and got confused, thinking "I don't remember writing that."

Anyway, I had to laugh at your comment about dumping expired food. last night, while my husband was looking for some sinus medication, he found some stomach medicine that expired in 2001! It must have moved with us since we moved into this house in 2002. EWWWW!

heidi said...

Hooray! Nicely done!!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

It looks great! :D Wonderful tackle!!

Have a great day!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good job!

Andrea said...

Very nice! Good job on the organizing. :)

Happy2bme said...

That turned out very nice!!

Tiffany said...

wheres that yummy mixed shredded wheat cereal??!!!