Saturday, March 22, 2008

3 Words

We spent some time today at the park with some friends and their children. The kids had a good time playing on the playground and feeding the turtles. My one friend has a son who is a couple of months older than Katelyn. After he would throw food to the turtles he would exclaim "I did it!!" It was very precious. I couldn't help but keep commenting on it. Katelyn is barely putting 2 words together. And I don't even know if she knows what the word "I" means. Oh well, I know every child is different.

So just now Katelyn walks up to me and points to her diaper and says " I ga poop". I checked her diaper and sure enough, there was poop. So, that is what she decides to say to me? She probably heard me complaining at the park and was like, I'll show her. Have some poop mom.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

haha...that is too funny. :) At least you know she can put a few words together now! :) So far Tate hasn't put any words together...he's barely saying single words! But like you said...all kids are different!

Anonymous said...

What is salar always talking about?? "See here or here." I can't comment on your story now. Maybe later....

Amy said...

LOL!
"I ga poop" is way more helpful then "I did it". I think she one-upped that boy with her first sentence.

Anonymous said...

How cute! It sounds like she was waiting to tell you something very important! :)

Heather said...

They do love to surprise us, don't they. That is funny!!

jen e. said...

Perfect!