Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Vacation ~ Arrival ~

We have arrived safe and sound to Gatlinburg. We left our house a little after 12:30 am and headed to Larry's to drop off the work computers. Then made a big old U Turn back to our house when I realized I had forgotten the camera cord and more importantly--- my CHI! So we finally got on the road about 1:30.


Gavin put the Transformers movie in the DVD player and Katelyn fell asleep about 1/2 later. My night owls Gavin and Danyelle stayed up and watched the whole movie before finally falling asleep.

We were in Georgia when I woke up around 7, the kids woke up around 9 and then we stopped for breakfast.

The rest of our drive was so pretty through the mountains. And don't ask how Ken got us here around 1130am, when I know it takes 12 hours to get here!!

So right now, we have checked in to our villa and are waiting for our room to be done. We are hanging out in the clubhouse. There is a pool table, video games, and a ping pong table. Ken, Gavin, and Danyelle are playing ping pong and Katelyn is trying to put a puzzle together between running up and down the stairs of this 3-story clubhouse. I cant even post the pictures I've taken so far because that darn cord that we went back for is somewhere in the back of the car right now! Pics and updates to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was LOL@forgetting the CHI-I would have turned around too!

Glad you made it there safely have fun!

Amy! said...

THE CHI! THE Chi! i completely would have done the same thing. My CHI is amazing and i wouldn't be caught dead out on vacation with out it. :-) gina will tell u how much i love my chi straightener.