Saturday, December 1, 2007

What Could it Be??

Sometimes as a mom you have to work to solve puzzles. Like today. When I went to make Gavin lunch I made the mistake of asking him what he wanted. He thought for a couple of seconds before a big smile spread across his face and he got really excited.

"I want that thing you and I had a long time ago that was really good." Gavin told me.
Oh geez, what the heck is it? He proceeds to tell me that you have to break it open, its really hard to eat, and it is brown.
Of course I have no idea what he is talking about. So now I have to play detective.
Q. When did we have it? A. a long time ago
Q. Did it come from the freezer or fridge? A. the freezer
Q. What does it look like? A. brown
Q. Who ate it? A. gavin and mommy
Q Did I make it for dinner? A. No mommy, you dont MAKE it , you eat it.

Oh gosh, this is really hard. So now I ask him to draw a picture of it. He draws a square and asks me if that helps. Nope, nope it does not help me solve anything. So my way of solving this is to walk away from him and hope that he forgets.

Every half hour or so he asks me if I have figured out what it is. We spend quite a good bit of time looking in the freezer , fridge, and pantry trying to find this mystery food. During this time he does eat the sandwich I made him, but was not happy about it at all. He really wants me to find the good stuff.
Finally, about 3 hours after this mystery began I asked him, Gavin what does it taste like? His answer? Chocolate.
NOW I GET IT!! Yesterday ( not a long time ago) I took a Kit Kat out of the freezer and shared it with him. So now all of his answers to my questions do make sense.
Watch out CSI here I come!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

That is hilarious!

What a cutie.

My 3 year old always says stuff like
"yesterday" when it was a log time ago!!

Glad you figured it out!

Anonymous said...

This site is great. Tiffany sent me a link to your blog. Austin and I have been good. I can see that you are doing great. I am so happy for you. I do have a myspace I posted the pics of Austin and you in florida. He is in 6th grade now. Almost 13. I don't know how much you talk to Rich but I have all of Austin's pic online if you want to see them. Have a great day and God Bless.
Samantha

Anonymous said...

This site is great. Tiffany sent me a link to your blog. Austin and I have been good. I can see that you are doing great. I am so happy for you. I do have a myspace I posted the pics of Austin and you in florida. He is in 6th grade now. Almost 13. I don't know how much you talk to Rich but I have all of Austin's pic online if you want to see them. Have a great day and God Bless.
Samantha